An easy, healthy, and very tasty tomato soup made from fresh ingredients.
- 5 large tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 basil leaves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Quarter tomatoes, remove seeds, and place skin-side-down in a lightly-oiled pan. Roast in the oven until they’re soft—about 45 minutes.
- When the tomatoes are almost ready to come out, chop the onions and mince the garlic. Sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- Chop the basil, reserving a few leaves for garnish. Add the rest of the ingredients to the onions and garlic. Simmer for about ten minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Puree with a hand blender. If you’d like a smoother soup, you can strain it.
- Season to taste. Serve with a garnish of basil leaves.