The perfect side dish, from our friends at Whole Foods
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preheat oven to 400°F. Put carrots, paprika, cumin, salt, ginger, cinnamon, garlic powder, cayenne, black pepper and 1 tablespoon of the oil into a large bowl and toss to coat. Transfer carrots to a large rimmed baking sheet and spread out in a single layer. Roast, tossing halfway through, until just tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
Remove carrots from oven and transfer to a large bowl. Add lemon juice and honey and toss well. Drizzle with a bit more oil, if you like, then serve.
Per Serving: 120 calories (30 from fat), 3.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 12g sugar), 2g protein