To all of our Quinoa lovers, from our friends at Whole Foods
- 1 tablespoon expeller-pressed canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and soft. Stir in tomatoes, bell pepper, turnip, quinoa, broth, 1 cup water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley.
PER SERVING: Serving size: about 1 cup, 110 calories (35 from fat), 3.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 5g protein