An easy, delicious, gourmet dish, that uses only four ingredients!
- 2 pounds trout
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon mesquite seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven or outside grill to 450°F (220°C).
- Cut the heads and tails off of the gutted, cleaned trout.
- Place the minced garlic inside the open belly of the trout (add more than 4 teaspoons, if you prefer). Sprinkle mesquite seasoning and salt over the garlic and allow the belly to close naturally.
- Place the trout onto a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap the foil loosely over the trout so that it is sealed, but in a tent.
- Place in the oven or on a grill for approximately 20 minutes.
- It will be done when the meat begins to flake. Do not overcook.