An easy, delicious gourmet tasting dish, using only 4 ingredients.
- 1 tsp mesquite seasoning
- 4 tsps minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lb trout
- Pre-heat oven or outside grill to 450 °F (220 °C).
- Cut the head and tail off of a gutted, cleaned trout.
- Place the minced garlic inside the open belly of the trout (add more than 4 teaspoons if preferred). Sprinkle mesquite seasoning and salt over the garlic and allow the belly to close naturally.
- Place the trout onto a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap the foil loosely over the trout so that it is sealed, but in a tent fashion.
- Place in the oven or grill for approximately 20 minutes.
- Check to see if the meat flakes. Do not overcook.