Refresh from the summer heat with mango and crab sushi, from our friends at Whole Foods
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup crab claw meat (about 1 1/2 ounces), picked through, shell pieces discarded
- 2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 ripe mango, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
Put rice, salt and 2 cups water into a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until just tender, about 40 minutes. Set aside off of the heat to let steam for 5 minutes, and then uncover and transfer to a large, heatproof bowl. Add crab, vinegar and green onions, and toss gently to combine. Set aside to let cool until warm.
Moisten your hands with water. To form each piece of nigiri-style sushi, shape 2 to 3 tablespoons of the rice mixture into an oval, pressing firmly to ensure it holds together. Arrange on a platter. Top with mango slices, garnish with cilantro and serve.
Per Serving:Serving size: about 4 pieces, 170 calories (10 from fat), 1.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 4g protein