Everyone has insecurities about their body, and yes that includes supermodels and celebrities. But there’s a few tricks to overcoming them. Below are 8 ways to start loving your body better:
1. Get outside. Be active. Move your body. Get those endorphins rumbling! As long as you’re moving, whether it’s picking up a new sport or going for a walk around the block, you’re bound to feel better about yourself. Nothing bad comes from exercising!
2. Eat foods that nourish your body and give you energy. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you slip every now and again.
3. Set realistic expectations and goals for yourself. Quit comparing yourself to photoshopped models and celebrities. Even Cindy Crawford once said, “I wish I looked like Cindy Crawford.”
4. Speak and think nice. We are usually our worst critic, so try to cut yourself some slack. In the long run, what we say and think tends to become our reality, so cut out the negative words and thoughts, and replace it all with positivity.
5. Buy clothes that actually fit you and are the right size. Not only will you feel more comfortable, but you will feel a whole lot better wearing the right size rather than squeezing into something smaller because you just couldn’t bring yourself to buy a size up.
6. Focus on what you like about your body. And quit bashing on what you don’t like.
7. Don’t surround yourself with people who bring you down, or people who make you feel bad and insecure about yourself. Surround yourself with people who uplift you and help you focus on the positive.
8. Leave encouraging sticky notes around the house for helpful pick-me-ups during the day.
Someone who is confident in their own skin is way more enjoyable to be around than someone who isn’t. So remember, confidence is key!