Looking for a way to say “I love you” this Valentine’s Day? Win over that special one’s heart with our healthy, romantic Valentine’s Day dinner recipes. Light the candles and add some healthy romance to your routine with this dinner recipe for two.
Sexy Salmon Steak
- 1/2 Pat Butter
- 1 T Dill Weed
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 T Lemon Juice
- 6 oz Salmon
- Make a “boat” out of aluminium foil and spray with non-stick spray (if not using non-stick aluminum foil).
- Place salmon fillet in boat (salmon with skin still attached works well).
- Add seasonings to salmon to taste.
- Close aluminum foil boat over top of salmon fillet.
- Place aluminum foil boat on grill rack over medium to medium-high heat.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until fish begins to flake.
Heart Red Garlic Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1/2 C Italian Bread Crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 425 °F (210 °C).
- In a mixing bowl, stir together bread crumbs, garlic, and olive oil.
- Arrange tomato halves cut side up, on a foil lined baking tray.
- Top tomatoes with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crumb topping turns golden brown.
Fancy Asparagus with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, coarsely ground
- 3/4 tsp thyme, chopped
- 2 lbs Asparagus Stalks, washed and trimmed
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- In a jar or bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Store, covered, overnight in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
- Blanch the asparagus in lightly-salted boiling water for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and refresh under cold water; drain well.
- Toss asparagus with enough lemon vinaigrette to lightly coat.
- Arrange asparagus on serving platter or individual serving plates.
- Note: need to allow time for the dressing to season so best prepare it the day before use.
Romantic Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- 18 Wafer Dipping Chocolates
- 10 Large Strawberries
- Rinse 10 medium to large strawberries, pat dry and set to side.
- Remove chocolate wafers and place in small glass bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 20 seconds; stir chocolate. Repeat until most of the chocolate is melted. Stir vigorously until smooth and glossy.
- Using a spoon, cover each strawberry in chocolate. Place strawberry on wax paper upside down until cool, approximately 2 minutes.
- Enjoy with someone you care about, simply a delicious treat!