Looking for a way to say, “I love you,” this Valentine’s Day? Win over that special one’s heart with our healthy, romantic Valentine’s Day dinner recipes. Light the candles and add some healthy romance to your life with this dinner recipe for two.
Sexy Salmon Steak
- 6 ounces salmon filets
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Make a boat out of aluminum foil. Coat with nonstick spray.
- Place salmon fillet in boat.
- Top salmon with butter, seasonings, and lemon juice.
- Close aluminum foil boat over top of salmon.
- Place aluminum foil boat on a grill rack over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until fish begins to flake.
Red Garlic Roasted Tomatoes
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425°F (210°C).
- In a mixing bowl, stir together bread crumbs, garlic, and olive oil.
- Arrange tomato halves, cut side up, on a foil-lined baking tray.
- Top tomatoes with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until topping turns golden brown.
Fancy Asparagus with Lemon Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds asparagus stalks, washed and trimmed
- In a jar or bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Store, covered, overnight in the refrigerator.
- Blanch the asparagus in lightly-salted boiling water for about 3 minutes or until tender, yet still a little crispy. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and refresh under cold water. Drain well.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil dressing.
Romantic Chocolate-covered Strawberries
- 10 large strawberries
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
- Rinse 10 strawberries. Pat dry and set aside.
- Pour chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 20 seconds; stir chocolate. Repeat until most of the chocolate is melted. Stir vigorously until smooth and glossy.
- Using a spoon, cover each strawberry in chocolate. Place strawberry on wax paper until cool—approximately 2 minutes.