Enjoy flank steak fajitas, from our friends at Whole Foods
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh oregano leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small red chile, chopped (remove seeds for a milder sauce)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 mangoes, diced (about 2 cups), divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, divided
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) flank steak
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
Place cilantro, parsley, oregano, garlic, chile, oil, half of the mango and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a blender; purée, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender. Pour into a small bowl.
Sprinkle steak with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill or pan-sear over medium-high heat until steak is nicely browned and reaches the desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Slice steak very thinly across the grain. Serve with chimichurri, remaining mango and tortillas for diners to roll their own fajitas.
Per Serving: Serving size: 2 fajitas, 430 calories (150 from fat), 17g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 12g sugar), 35g protein