- 1¼ cups pitted dates
- 4 ounces mixed nuts
- 16 ounces Brazil nuts
- 1¼ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3½ ounces ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Place the dates, almonds, cocoa powder, and juices in a food processor. Blend until the mixture forms a stiff ball, adding more lime juice if necessary to help bring the mixture together
- Remove blade and roll date mixture into balls. Place in truffle cases or roll into balls and fill each with a Brazil (or macadamia) nut. Roll in extra chopped nuts too, if you’d like.
- Cover and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You can also dust your truffle in coco powder, coconut flakes, or chopped nuts a little extra taste!