Chicken greens with a delicious, light dressing.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup pared, chopped cucumbers, diced
- 2 stalks medium celery, thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded or chopped mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons basil sprigs, leaves and stems removed
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill or bake the chicken breast until cooked through.
- Slice the chicken into ½-inch strips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, and oil.
- Toss the tomatoes, pepper, carrots, cucumbers, and celery in the vinegar mixture.
- Pace vegetables and chicken on top of the salad
- Garnish with basil.