Chicken and salad greens in a light dressing.
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 cups shredded or chopped mixed salad greens
- 2 tbsps basil sprigs, leaves and stems removed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 stalks medium celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pared, chopped cucumbers, diced
- 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- Season the chicken with salt. Also add pepper if desired.
- Grill or bake the chicken breast until cooked through.
- Slice the chicken into strips 1/2″ wide.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and oil.
- Toss the tomatoes, peppers, carrots, cucumbers and celery in the vinegar mixture.
- Divide the salad greens into four portions, place vegetables and chicken on top.
- Garnish with basil.