Whole Foods simplified version of this classic Chinese vegetarian dish
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon toasted dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 (14-oncia) package soft tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (opzionale)
- 2 cucchiai di olio di canola
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots, circa 1/4 inch thick
- 1 (8-oncia) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed cut green beans
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger root
- 2 spicchi d'aglio, tritato finemente
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine tamari, sesame oil, mirin, rice vinegar, tofu and red pepper flakes, tossing gently to coat. Cover and marinate for 1 a 2 ore. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving the marinade.
Heat the canola oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and stir-fry for 5 minuti, until lightly browned on all sides. Remove tofu and set aside. Add broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until just crisp-tender. Add green beans and stir-fry for 2 minuti. Add green onions, zenzero, and garlic and stir-fry for 1 a 2 minuti in più, until aromatic. Return tofu to wok.
Combine vegetable broth with arrowroot powder and reserved marinade, stirring well to completely dissolve the arrowroot. Add this to the wok and stir until sauce thickens. Season to taste with black pepper and garnish with cilantro.
Per Serving: 300 calorie (120 dal grasso), 14g di grassi totali, 1.5g di grassi saturi, 0mg di colesterolo, 750mg di sodio, 34g di carboidrati (7g fibre alimentari, 10g di zucchero), 12proteine g