- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1¼ cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1½ cups 1% milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Separate eggs. In smaller bowl, combine egg yolks and milk. Mix well. Stir into dry ingredients. Add applesauce and stir well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Carefully fold into batter (don’t overmix).
- Preheat waffle iron, then coat with nonstick spray.
- Pour about 2/3 cup batter onto preheated waffle iron.
- Close and cook for about 3 minutes.These waffles are fairly soft, so if you like crispy waffles, cook about 1 minute more.
- Serve with favorite waffle toppings.