Apple Sauce Waffles
- 3 tsps sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps baking powder
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Separate eggs. In smaller bowl, combine egg yolks and milk. Mix well. Stir into dry ingredients. Add applesauce and stir well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Carefully fold into batter (don’t over mix).
- Pour about 2/3 cup batter onto preheated waffle iron.
- Close, and bake about 3 minutes. (Spray waffle iron with no-cook spray). These waffles are fairly soft, so if you like crispy waffles, cook about 1 minute more.
- Serve with favorite waffle topping.
Have something to add?